Chris Eubank Jr-Anatoli Muratov bout is off, remainder of Wembley Arena card intact

Chris Eubank Jr-Anatoli Muratov bout is off, remainder of Wembley Arena card intact Photo by Leigh Dawney 02 Oct by Tom Gray The 12-round middleweight bout between Chris Eubank Jr. and Anatoli Muratov has been called off at the 11th hour. Eubank Jr. was to have headlined Saturday’s card at the Wembley Arena in London in the first collaboration between U.K. broadcaster Sky Sports and fledgling promoter BOXXER. However, Muratov has been forced to withdraw on medical grounds. “Obviously we are all disappointed that Chris Eubank Jr. can no longer compete on tonight’s card, but it is important to make the right decision in the interests of fighters’ health and safety. We’re grateful to the British Board of Boxing Control for the standards they employ to protect that,” said BOXXER’s Ben Shalom in a press release. “My thoughts go out to Chris, who has had a very difficult time lately. He will come back stronger and remains a key figure in Sky Sports plans. Chris will be returning with a big fight in the next few weeks. “Tonight’s card remains stacked with great fights from top to bottom, including the European Welterweight Championship bout in the main event, the English Super-Middleweight Title Eliminator bout between Germaine Brown and Jamal Ledoux and the return of top cruiserweight prospect Richard Riakporhe.” Germany’s Muratov stepped in as a late replacement for his countryman Sven Elbir, who tested positive for COVID-19 within the last week. Tom Gray is Managing Editor for Ring Magazine. Follow him on Twitter: @Tom_Gray_Boxing GET THE LATEST ISSUE AT THE RING SHOP (CLICK HERE) or Subscribe Share this story Ratings | View All Top 6 Pound for Pound 1 2 3 4 5 6 Trending David Avanesyan blasts out Liam Taylor in two rounds, retains European welterweight title Chris Eubank Jr-Anatoli Muratov bout is off, remainder of Wembley Arena card intact Hard luck fighter Miguel Vazquez returns to Monterrey to face Oliver Flores  Daniele Scardina wears down, stops Juergen Doberstein in four J Russell Peltz brings an old-school, salty feel to boxing in his new book ‘Thirty Dollars and a Cut Eye’ Schedule | View All 09Oct Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder (PPV) 15Oct Emanuel Navarrete vs. Joet Gonzalez (ESPN+) 16Oct Teofimo Lopez vs. George Kambosos (Fite.tv) Instagram Facebook RingTV Official Product Shop Now!

Chris Eubank Jr-Anatoli Muratov bout is off, remainder of Wembley Arena card intact

Chris Eubank Jr-Anatoli Muratov bout is off, remainder of Wembley Arena card intact

The 12-round middleweight bout between Chris Eubank Jr. and Anatoli Muratov has been called off at the 11th hour.

Eubank Jr. was to have headlined Saturday’s card at the Wembley Arena in London in the first collaboration between U.K. broadcaster Sky Sports and fledgling promoter BOXXER.

However, Muratov has been forced to withdraw on medical grounds.

“Obviously we are all disappointed that Chris Eubank Jr. can no longer compete on tonight’s card, but it is important to make the right decision in the interests of fighters’ health and safety. We’re grateful to the British Board of Boxing Control for the standards they employ to protect that,” said BOXXER’s Ben Shalom in a press release.

“My thoughts go out to Chris, who has had a very difficult time lately. He will come back stronger and remains a key figure in Sky Sports plans. Chris will be returning with a big fight in the next few weeks.

“Tonight’s card remains stacked with great fights from top to bottom, including the European Welterweight Championship bout in the main event, the English Super-Middleweight Title Eliminator bout between Germaine Brown and Jamal Ledoux and the return of top cruiserweight prospect Richard Riakporhe.”

Germany’s Muratov stepped in as a late replacement for his countryman Sven Elbir, who tested positive for COVID-19 within the last week.

Tom Gray is Managing Editor for Ring Magazine. Follow him on Twitter: @Tom_Gray_Boxing